Friday, November 16, 2007

Season of Joy


Today was an awesome wintery day in the Arctic. It started out by making "mud" for my Kindergarteners, so they could re-inact a story we were reading about farm animals-which many of them have little or no background knowledge about. Then came the beautiful slide show I put together showing green fields, animals, mountians, trees, rivers, the baby animals, and beautiful landscapes showing tractors, barns, and clouds... Don't take this the wrong way, I actually like where we are living, up here in the Arctic, but seeing all that green and beauty made me homesick for Montana. The other thing I am missing lately is light! We have almost two hours of it now, so my body can't figure out if it's time to sleep or stay awake and stamp- like I'd like to do. I aim for a moderate dose of both usually! Otherwise, I can't keep up with my own two kids, piano, dance, soccer, church, and school. We are adding Brownies and Battle of the Books to that list soon.


I really, really like this color combo! I bet you can tell!

No comments: