Sunday, May 10, 2009

A bit distracted lately


So, it has been a really long time since my last post. I am sorry for that, but life happens. I have had a bug that won't go away...and some major deadlines to meet at work, which has to come first of course. When those were done however, I confess I got majorly distracted from posting card and scrapbook creations. I saw Twilight on dvd. Let me first say, this is not my usual genre, vampires/ teen romance, but Wow! At first I thought oh, okay- a teen love story it could go 50/50, but as soon as the Cullens walked on to the screen I was hooked, knowing this was going to be fun. I was not dissapointed either. I appreciated the characters, and loved the scenery (I am up above the arctic circle- so no green or trees for me). I have been to Port Angeles and to these places it talked about, so it was fun that this would be the setting for a very good love story. So, that was just the begining. You know usually books are better than the movies because characters are more developed in a book than in a two hour movie. I was not able to get my hands on the book right away since we have no bookstores, and our library has only one copy of the series...so in my impatience I went to the author's site to find out more. I discovered a draft of Midnight Sun, which it Twilight from Edward's point of view. Which I promptly devoured. I enjoyed reading Twilight more after that, having understood it from a different viewpoint. Now that I have read all four books pluss this draft, I am really hoping she finishes Midnight Sun. I have read many reviews about this series and the movie, and I know I don't care what anyone says- it's an awesome fantasy. All four and a half books are page turners and for myself I am on my way to purchase the soundtrack. I liked all the characters, but I really enjoyed Jasper and Alice right next to Bella and Edward!
Surely I am not the only one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darlea,
Well long time and no write on my part. I too found Twilight to be more than I expected and about May I was completely preoccupied with this series as well. I basically threw food on the floor for the kids and let the house fall apart. I swore I would never read these books and now I am a total Twilight Junky!
Take care and tell Stacy and Robin hello for me!
Tessa