Friday, April 18, 2008

Heartfelt marker mist technique


I have always loved this set, but have been neglecting it lately. When I saw the SU marker misting tutorial on SCS, I had to try it! I also used the butterfly from a hostess incentive set demonstrators can use as door prizes. I thought at first I was using the one from the Touch of Nature Set, because I keep them together (sorry). The sentiment is from Warmest Regards set. The ribbon slide is from the Hodge Podge Hardware set, and the background is Purely Pomegranite, cuttlebugged with an embossing folder to add texture. For the SU markers I used the Rose Red, since there's no Purely Pomegranite marker, and it matches fine, you can't even tell. I also used the stampin techinque of inking up once and misting it with water then, stamping in the middle, then misting again without re-inking, and same with the last, so they have slightly different brightness. I used crystal effects and dazzling diamonds in the middle for sparkle. I don't know if it shows up in the picture or not. Hope you like it as much as I did making it! ( When I made it, I had four big boys bouncing basketballs waiting on me to finish- so ribbon is a little off! )

Happy Stampin'!

No comments: