Monday, September 20, 2010

Friends Never Fade


I promise I have been stamping, really I have. When I am not being a domestic engineer, teacher, or mom. Actually, the live football games have been great this year too. Our season is just about wrapped up due to incoming cold weather. My DS loved playing this year. It was good for him to be part of a team, and still assert himself.

Well, when I first saw the new catalog, a few sets jumped out at me. This is one of them. So, we made this at our first back from summer stamping class in Sept. It was great to get together and ink up some rubber and test those new colors! We used Daffodil Delight, and Cherry Cobbler, with Pear Pizazz to create this card. We also used the new embossing folder and the Big Shot to emboss the strip across the middle. It's a clever idea I have seen on other posts that really adds a lot of dimension to a project. We actually used Real Red ink on the flowers, because the Cherry Cobbler ink on white looked too dark compared to the paper. This was a better match.

Check back later for more from this event!

No comments: