Thursday, June 19, 2008

First Spring Solitude


Wow! I have been busy with the kids being out of school - summer reading program, dd learning how to knit, playing at parks, swimming, and spring cleaning, so in the evenings I've been feeling pretty wiped out lately. We are all caught up on our LOST, and are wading through long downloads to watch season 4. I love all the scenery too, the beaches, even the green in the jungle! It's worth watching if you never have yet, and most of the libraries even have the first three seasons to rent.

Anyhow, the retirement list is out on the Stampin' Up website. We can order until Aug. 10th. So double check your wish lists! Let me know if you need anything.
I finally inked up the Hostess set Spring Solitude, and this is my first go round with it. Can you believe at first I wasn't going to get this set, the fact that the wheel came with it is what sold me on it. Now I am glad I got it. I love all the cards I've seen other people doing with this set. I used Tempting Turquoise, and Cameo Coral, with some Stickles in the centers of the flowers. I wanted to see how close I could get to a one-layer card and have it still look okay. I think I did it, now I can play more with layers and textures...and punches! Yahoo. I will play with this some more...'Till next time...

1 comment:

Kelli in Kentucky said...

Beautiful card!!! I have this set to but have not used it much.