Tuesday, June 10, 2008

On the Brighter Side...


Okay, this is a "sunnier" post. I was up at 1 am doing that last one, could you tell? So, I am posting two in one day- exciting isn't it?
Well, have you ever had a real, true friend you could be yourself with? You know not the kind that are only friends when it is easy? I've been thinking a lot about friendship lately- I've been blessed with some wonderful people in my life, and then dissapointed too, at times. I guess that's what makes us treasure our real friends so much! One of my best friends, I've known since the first day of our freshman year of HS. We've been through boyfriends, husbands, pregancies, (moves to the ends of the Earth-on my part), and various career choices...like the time I went into the Air Force. (It was really a great experience, I'd do over - especially if I was 21 again!) One of our latest, best memories was making snacks, loading up all the kids with sleeping bags, and driving out to see a 'drive in movie', (those are hard to find). We had so much fun. Friends, I think, are one of the ways God takes care of us, and what a joy friendship can be! My DH surprised me and said we are going to be able to visit her this summer. I am really looking forward to it! : )
Card recipe: SU So Saffron base, Cameo Coral, and Choc. Chip for layers, SU Stitched background stamped using More Mustard, and embossed. The flower is a stamp called Gerbera Daisy that I picked up at Memory Trails last summer. I "rocked" it in the Purely Pomegranite to give it a "boost" on the edges. I used stickles in the middle, and the butterfly from Kind Thoughts, was stamped in Pumpkin Pie, and edged in Purely Pomegranite ink, and the Cameo Coral was paper pierced on top and bottom strip. The sentiment is from Fundamenal Phrases, and wide grossgrain ribbon was added to finish it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say 'hello'! I have been following your blog for some time now and really like your beatiful cards. I'm also interested in your blog since I am too 'stamping in the arctic' ;) just on the other side of the world.