Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thinking of you on Father's Day


We finally are waiting anxiously for the second season of LOST... I know we are a bit behind! We ordered it, and to be quite honest I couldn't wait. I cheated and used my available resources, I just had to look it up online and get caught up! LOVE pod casts! Naughty huh? I am oh, so looking forward to the next season. However, I will enjoy watching all the episodes throughly in between (at least once) Misty will laugh. She knows at least once : ) It's a good time to catch up with a series this time of year, since I have nothing but time on my hands. We will be all caught up before the next season starts, it's a good goal!
We are home longer than usual in the summer time, therefore affording me time to play with my stamps too... not much else to do here...it's June and not even 40 degrees out! In fact it snowed just the other day...Our kids have been out of school almost four weeks and every day asking me, "When is summer?" I don't have the heart to tell them this year... it will eventually come...in a while. A long while yet, every year we've been here it's different. Until then enjoy not having to be walking out in the -30 degree weather before 7:30 every morning! I can't wait for nice weather or at least sunshine myself! We've been doing bike rides, coats, cold, and wet mud. Not the best combination! Yes, my children will actually be telling the truth when they tell people,"I walked to school in blizzard conditions both ways"-just to get an education. I have had only good things to say about the school district and the education my kids have had here. They have both been blessed with talented and caring teachers over the last five years. The school callendar seems to be the pulse of the community in a way- it is sooo quiet here now that school is over. A huge portion of the community leaves for the whole summer. We have the tourist traffic, afterall, Who wouldn't want to go to the Top of the World?... but the main roads are quiet most of the time. Every year a lot of dear people leave the North Slope too, and it's a sad time for those who are left behind missing them.

I've decided green is my favorite color... we have none of it for 10 months, and none yet this year. Maybe that's why I make so many cards with various shades of green, (It's like eye candy) or maybe I should make more! God bless growing things and bright colors! Can't wait to see trees again!
I think this card speaks for itself. I used the Thinking of You on Father's Day set, Certianly Celery, Sarah Sand, and Choc. Chip. I used the corner punch to create the "frame" for the sentiment, and watercolor crayons for the picture. I sponged all edges with Chocolate Chip ink to create a distressed look, and brads and wide gross grain ribbon to complete this card. Hope you like it.

1 comment:

Kelli in Kentucky said...

Great Fathers Day card!! Love the colors. I find it really hard to make "guy" cards and you did a great job. I've never gotten into "Lost" but it looks like a cool show. Lately I have been into Showtime’s Dexter. I have watched season one on DVD and can't wait until Aug. when they release season 2. I also admire you for living where you do it has to be hard to deal with all the cold weather. Have a great weekend!!