Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Children's Church project


I know Christmas is over, but some projects were just made to be shared. We made this with 14 children in our Kids Nite Our ministry, before Christmas, when we read the story about the birth of Jesus. As a kid growing up, my favorite ornament to put on the tree every year was a nativity ornament, and I still have it to this day. This set reminded me of that ornament.
I need to add a back of some kind to help it stand up on a shelf. Here on this one, I used my SU markers to color the image, and after that dried good, I used some crystal effects to add some depth. This is a set that is retiring on the 18th to make room for new stamps. There are always so many wonderful Christmas sets, that has to be my weakness! I love Christmas time, the whole idea of getting to spend so much time home with the kids and doing so many things we don't seem to have time enough to do. (and to stamp too!) It's nice to re-focus and decide to make time on a regular basis for those things in the New Year. We are not looking forward to our vacation coming to a close, getting back into the routine, from the sound of it, we've had more time off than most people we know.
Don't forget to go to my Jan. 3rd post to enter for blog candy I'll draw on Saturday the 10th of Jan.

No comments: