Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lovely as a Tree Birthday


I have found for me it is much harder to make masculine cards, when I need to have one "right now" than if I play around and experiment ahead of time! I like how this turned out. I haven't used this set nearly enough. It has so many possiblilities. I used Choc. Chip craft ink and clear embossing powder for the trees, then I went back and "daubbered" them with Always Artichoke and Old Olive, and Ballet Blue for the sky. I water colored the ground with Old Olive. Then, I used a sponge and softened the colors out. Next I used Choc. Chip for the edges with the sponge. I find that this applies the ink better on the edges without creating "drag wear" on my ink pads. Has anyone else noticed that? I used brads and the wide Choc. grossgrain ribbon between the River Rock paper and the rest of the card. Hope you like it!

No comments: