Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Still playing with butterflies


I am still playing with my butterfly set. I used Embrace Life from the new Stampin' Up catalog, and also my favorite color combination- Certianly Celery and Almost Amethyst. I also added some Soft Sky paper to mat the stem on, and sponged the background with Soft Sky also. I colored the stem's leaves with Certianly Celery, and the butterfly with Almost Amethyst, and then added crystal effects on the stem, leaves, and butterfly to add more texture and raise it up.

I used the versa mark to make a background using the flower and stems from the Embrace Life set also. The bottom band was pierced to make that faux stitched look. The butterfly is raised up on dimensionals as well.

Hope you like it, Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Wow, this is so soft and elegant. I can see why it's a favorite color combo! Just beautiful!

laurie serino said...

hey Darlea !
It's about time I made it to your blog to leave a comment ! This card is so cute, love those colors together ! Have a great day !

Kelli in Kentucky said...

Very beautiful card, I love butterflies.